Kate Middleton smiles as she steps out with William and Charles
Kate Middleton smiles she displayed on Sunday came as she stepped out with Prince William and King Charles III for service at Crathie Kirk in Scotland, just days after Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they are moving back to the UK. The Wales family outing signaled business as usual amid the latest Sussex bombshell.
Photos obtained by Page Six captured the Princess of Wales, 44, looking cheerful during the family church run. She sat in the front passenger seat as William, also 44, drove them to the parish church in the Scottish village of Crathie.
Key Takeaways
- Kate Middleton smiled during a Sunday outing with Prince William, their three children, and King Charles at Crathie Kirk.
- The church visit came four days after Harry and Meghan revealed plans to relocate to the UK at the end of August.
- Prince George, 13, Princess Charlotte, 11, and Prince Louis, 8, rode together in the backseat behind their parents.
- Multiple senior royals attended, including Queen Camilla, Princess Anne, and the Duke of Edinburgh.
- The Sussexes have not had contact with William and Kate despite the palace being informed of the move.
Where Did Kate Middleton and Prince William Go for Sunday Service?
The Prince and Princess of Wales were photographed heading to Crathie Kirk. William drove the family car himself while Kate sat shotgun, flashing smiles captured by photographers along the route.
Their children—George, Charlotte, and Louis—traveled in the backseat together. The outing followed the familiar pattern of royals attending Sunday service while staying in Scotland.
Who Else Joined the Royal Family at Crathie Kirk?
King Charles III, 77, and Queen Camilla, 79, were also photographed en route to the same service. A personal driver escorted the monarch and his wife while William handled driving duties for his own family.
Timothy Laurence and Princess Anne attended as well, alongside Prince Edward, Duke of Edinburgh, and his daughter, Lady Louise Windsor. The gathering brought together several senior working royals on the same day.
What Did Harry and Meghan Announce Before the Outing?
Four days earlier, Harry, 41, and Meghan, 45, said they would relocate back to the UK at the end of August for an extended period with Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5. A source confirmed to Page Six that the palace was made aware of the move and that Charles was informed the previous Sunday.
Archie and Lilibet are already enrolled in school in Britain. The couple will live in a non-royal residence and continue their business enterprises while remaining non-working members of the royal family.
Why Does This Outing Matter Amid the Sussex Return?
The timing drew immediate attention. An insider told Page Six that Charles is the reason the Sussexes are moving back, and that he looks forward to more personal time with Harry's family while their official royal status stays unchanged.
Page Six reported the couple is relocating to be closer to Charles, who is currently battling cancer, and to help their children build relationships with family. Last month, Harry, Meghan, and their children reunited with Charles during a UK visit—the first time the king had seen his grandchildren in four years. However, the Sussexes had no contact with William and Kate during that trip.
For more on the latest royal headlines, follow our Celebrity Breaking News coverage.